I Want to HelpSOLVE
What Can I Do?
SOLVE Ministry Office Support (vital)
It takes a tremendous amount of support from the community to keep this ministry running. All of the items listed below are truly needed for us to be an effective operation. On-going help is needed in the following areas:
- Answering telephones and performing receptionist duties in our office. Requirements include coming once a week on a scheduled day or time for a minimum of three hours.
- Being a committee member or chairing a committee for one of the following fundraisers:
- Annual Gala (Held in February, plans begin 6-8 months in advance)
- Annual Golf Tournament (Held in October / November, plans begin 6 months in advance)
- Hunsader Farms (Held in October, single day event at booth overseeing children’s games)
- Poinsettia Fundraiser (November 15th – December 31st, approximately 2 hours per week [12 – 14 total hours])
- Alternative Christmas Market (held in December, make crafts or single day event at booth)
- Mother’s Day Carnation Fundraiser (1 month prior to Mother’s Day, approximately 2 hours per week [8 – 10 total hours])
Mentoring a resident by establishing an on-going relationship for the following:
- Driving to appointments (medical, school, employment)
- One-on-one life coaching from a Christian perspective
- Courteous behaviors towards others (manners) gently reinforced
- Assistance preparing a resume and practicing interviewing skills
- Personal time spent working to meet individual goals established in case management which support exit strategy from SOLVE. These include education, employment, housing and childcare.
- Helping resident to prepare for the newborn by guidance in planning what items will be needed and setting up room appropriately to prepare for bringing baby home. Some support may be welcomed by the new mom after baby arrives if a warm bond has been established with her during her pregnancy.
Maintenance and Repairs Household and Auto
- Trimming bushes and trees
- Weeding Flower Beds
- Raking Leaves
- Touch-up Painting (Interior and Exterior)
- Pressure Washing
- Vehicle Detailing
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Spring Cleaning support
- Minor Household Repairs involving basic tools
- Occasional Construction Projects as we grow
SOLVE Maternity Homes does not receive any government funding. We could not exist without the financial support of organization and individuals who are committed to support the mission of SOLVE. To make a financial contribution please click here.
|Items that we are in need of:
infant car seats
paper and ink cartridges
Wal-mart gift certificates
toilet paper and paper towels
We also collect old cell phones.....they can be dropped off at the office anytime.
Please consider getting involved by becoming a financial supporter or a volunteer today.
We are a registered 501(c) 3 corporation in the State of Florida. Contributions to SOLVE are tax deductible under the Florida Department of Agriculture Consumer Services, Solicitation of Contributions Act #SC-07448/IM. Our federal identification number is 591-68-3408.